Just like to bring this information about stressed skin and Kiehl's breakthrough solution to help counter stressed skin. As you all may know our skin react to stress and that why causes premature aging, eczema, psoriasis, rosacea and chronic dry skin etc. Read on to find out more!
Did you know stressed skin is far more common than you think?
“Stress is responsible for 70-90% of doctors visits—it contributes to and can even mimic all serious diseases. It’s effects are particularly harsh on the skin, causing premature aging and advancing the symptoms of every common skin condition from sensitive skin, to eczema and psoriasis, rosacea, and chronic dry skin,” says Cynthia Ackrill, MD and Fellow of The American Institute of Stress. “Until now, solutions were mainly ‘calming’ skincare products … or prescriptions. These offerings left the industry segmented, with symptoms often misdiagnosed and never attributed to the true culprit: stress.”
How does stress actually affect the skin?
The body’s vital organs are tightly linked to its circulatory and nervous systems coordinating all responses to stress while working to maintain general homeostasis.
"Through the autonomic nervous system, stress can affect all organs in the body, and the skin is no exception. In fact, in the skin -- our body's largest organ -- is where the first signs of stress begin to appear." shares Dr. Adam Geyer, Kiehl's Product Development Consulting Dermatologist. "Other physicians see stress-induced weight problems, heart disease, circulatory issues, and ulcers. As a dermatologist, I see the impact of stress on the skin every day."
The skin contains a network of nerve fibers that secrete neuropeptides within the dermis as a response to stress.
Introducing Kiehl's Skin Rescuer- a breakthrough solution to help correct the visible signs of stress on skin!!
NEVER LET THEM SEE YOUR STRESS
Kiehl’s offers a breakthrough solution to help correct
the visible signs of stress on skin
Stress – it’s a global epidemic. And, the statistics tell the story.
- Over half of Singaporean workers (55%) say their stress levels have risen over the past year, according to workspace provider Regus’ latest research that polled over 16,000 professionals across the globe.
- 75% of adults reported experiencing moderate to high levels of stress in the past month and nearly half reported that their stress has increased in the past year. – American Psychological Association.
- Stress levels in the workplace are rising with 6 in 10 workers in major global economies experiencing increased workplace stress. With China (86%) having the highest rise in workplace stress. – The Regus Group.
- Alarmingly, 91% of adult Australians feel stress in at least one important area of their lives. – Lifeline Australia.
- Australian employees are absent for an average of 3.2 working days each year through stress. This workplace stress costs the Australian economy approximately $14.2 billion. – Medibank
- An estimated 442,000 individuals in Britain, who worked in 2007/08 believed that they were exeriencing work-related stress at a level that was making them ill. – Labour Force Survey.
The chemists at Kiehl’s Since 1851, the venerable New York-based purveyor of fine quality skincare formulations, have found a solution to stress with an industry leading formula. Introducing, Kiehl’s Skin Rescuer Stress-Minimizing Daily Hydrator. Utilizing highly efficient ingredients Mannose and Rosa Gallica, this facial formula helps address and reduce skin’s visible response to stress.
Kiehl’s Skin Rescuer actively works to minimize the visible signs of stress with key ingredients that limit the release of stress signals and promote a healthy, strong skin barrier. This result is that skin becomes less vulnerable to the signs of stress.
“As skincare chemists, we continuously study the effects of a weakened skin barrier. We know that a weakened skin barrier is the gateway to problem skin,” says Dr. Angelike Galdi, Head Chemist and AVP of Kiehl’s Research and Innovation. “In this development, our research was about honing in on the cause – inflammation – and tracing this back even further to the original culprit: internal or emotional stress. It was then clear to us why so many people were faced with these skin concerns. The next step was determining how to break the cycle that leads to visible skin problems. It was clear stopping stress in our customer’s lives wasn’t possible, so we determined we could help the skin to be less vulnerable via a strengthened skin barrier; to offer our customers a true solution.”
How it works: A triple action formula to break skin’s stress cycle
In order to efficiently combat the signs of stress on skin, Kiehl’s chemists discovered they needed to address three factors.
1. Limit the release of stress signals:
Rosa Gallica Extract: Stress is well documented to cause an inflammatory response in the body. A research team led by Carnegie Mellon University's Sheldon Cohen has found that chronic psychological stress is even associated with the body losing its ability to regulate the inflammatory response. The inflammatory response to stress signals and a weakened skin barrier can lead to visible “stressed skin” symptoms such as redness, fatigued skin, dehydration and blotchiness. In vitro data supports that Rosa Gallica Extract, sourced from the petals of the Rosa Gallica flower, limits the release of stress signals, in turn minimizing the inflammatory response and thus breaking the stress cycle.
2. Protect the skin barrier from future reactions:
Mannose: Research conducted by Columbia University’s Department of Dermatology validates 2 that it is able to strengthen and reinforce the skin barrier. A stronger skin barrier is known to reduce visible signs of stress on skin, making it less vulnerable to future, inevitable stress.
Squalane: Naturally-derived from olives, this healing botanical lipid is highly compatible with the natural oils in skin. Instantly restores and replenishes the skin barrier and is known to protect skin from dehydration. Renowned for its easily-absorbed texture, as well as for its silky after-feel.
Blend of Unique Ceramides: These lipids found in high concentrations within the cell membrane of skin cells are known to help protect and strengthen the skin barrier.
3. Treat, calm and hydrate the skin:
Chamomile Extract: Helps soothe and calm skin.
Glycerin: This humectant draws moisture from the air to increase immediate and prolonged hydration; helps skin regain its suppleness and smoothness.
Shea Butter: Naturally-derived from the African karate tree, it is a lipid known for its ability to protect skin from dehydration.
Clinically demonstrated to reduce the visible signs of stressed skin
Clinical tests showed improvement at one week, but the clinical improvement shown at four weeks demonstrated the Skin Rescuer formula effectively minimized the appearance of dehydration, redness, blotchiness and skin fatigue.
- 100% showed improvement in overall skin quality with a +51% improvement rate vs. baseline.
- 100% showed improvement in skin fatigue with a +48% improvement rate vs. baseline.
- 98% showed improvement in skin dryness with a +41 improvement rate vs. baseline.
- 98% showed improvement in skin blotchiness with a +36% improvement rate vs. baseline.
- 77% showed improvement in skin redness with a +23% improvement rate vs. baseline.
Consumer self assessment in 4 weeks4:
- 93% agreed skin felt soothed.
- 93% agreed skin felt comforted.
- 91% agreed skin felt revitalized/ replenished.
- 89% agreed product helped skin feel less susceptible to stress.
Like https://www.facebook.com/KiehlsSG to stay updated on Kiehl's activities
and also check out http://www.kiehlstimes.com/ today!
Tags: chronic dry skin eczema kiehl's singapore Kiehl's Skin Rescuer premature aging psoriasis rosacea solution stressed skin