My 1st DIY Yule Log for Christmas!!!

Christmas is coming soon.
What's comes to your mind when you think of Christmas?
Is it the Roasted turkey, X'mas tree, Santa Claus...
To me, Yule log comes to my mind.

What is a Yule log?
It is a large and extremely hard log which is burned in the hearth as a part of traditional Yule or Christmas celebrations in several European cultures. It may also be associated with the Winter Solstice festival or the Twelve Days of Christmas, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, or Twelfth Night. The expression Yule log has also come to refer to log-shaped Christmas cakes, also known as chocolate logs.

 Yes!!! That's me which a nice
Christmas and Birthday cake!
Why do I have a Christmas Cake as my birthday cake?
Well because I was born on Christmas day, 25 December!!!
When I was young, my mum started to buy Christmas Cake as my Birthday Cake every year and we will always celebrate at my grandma's place with all my other relatives.
So my birthday party is kind of a Christmas party to everyone too. It is a time of sharing love and joy!!! We will gathered together for great food and drinks. Gift exchange too!!! Haha...

A lot of people said I am so lucky to born on this day cause it is HOLIDAY for everyone and I will get double present. But actually it was a 2in1 present most of the time. haha.....
But honestly I am very happy to be borned on this day.

I designed my own Yule Log for the 1st time!!! =)
Recently I went to The Icing Room and tried designing a Mini Design-It-Yourself Yule Logs (Selling at $18.80) and it was really fun!!! You should try it too!!!
 So this is the mini log. Available in Vanilla Strawberry and chocolate flavours.
 an comes with 5 piping cream and some Christmas icing décor
for you to DIY the log of your own.
 I was a bit greedy cause I saw several cute décors and bought extra to decorate my mini log. =)
I enjoy the idea of decorating a cake myself.
Cause only then the cake are unique and
no other people will have the same cake as mine. =p

 Add in the trees... It's so fun!!!
It is like decorating my land, what I want to have outside my house etc... Haha...
Yes, I want a snowman too!!!
Too bad Singapore too hot and cannot have one outside my house...
 When I was there I also saw some other sweet couple decorating their cake.

 Try DIY a cake for someone special next time!
I'm sure he or she will love it!

Ok!!! My cake it done!!!

Nicely packed into a nice Christmas Themed Cake Box!!!
Sorry I forgot to show you my completed Mini DIY Yule Log.
Don't laugh if it is too ugly alright... =)

 That's my unique Mini DIY Yule Log!!!
No one will have this same design as me!!!

It was my 1st time making one, hope it is not too bad. =)

  I always thought that the joy that you give to others, is the joy that comes back to you.
I wish you golden path ahead and filled with love and joy everyday!!!
Merry Christmas to everyone!!!

This is my 1st time DIY a Yule Logcake!!!
Please help support!!!

Step 1: "Like"https://www.facebook.com/theicingroom
Step 2: Vote for my Yule Logcake "Full of Love & Joy for Christmas" at https://www.facebook.com/theicingroom/app_500301823324458



****************************************************
 The Icing Room's In-store Promotions

Early Bird Joy: Till 30 November
* Pre-order: 25% off whole Christmas themed cakes (collection from 1-21 December, not applicable for sliced cakes). 

Festive Shoppers Treat: 19 Nov-25 Dec
* Receive $8 off Christmas themed cakes voucher with minimum purchase of $6 in a single. 

Citibank Credit Card Promotion
* Citibank credit card members enjoy 15% off Christmas themed cakes.

***************************************************
Wanna win attractive prizes like an iPad Mini, Canon Camera, etc?
Then you should start designing a Yule Cake and take part in the Best Design-It-Yourself Yule Log Facebook photo contest!!!
10 participants with the most number of votes will be invited to an exclusive The Icing Room DIY Christmas Party on 22 December 2012.
More details available on www.facebook.com/theicingroom.

 The Icing Room - the first-ever specialty concept shop that offers Design-It-Yourself (DIY) cake decorative services.
The Icing Room is part of The BreadTalk® Group Limited, which was founded as an F&B operator in Singapore in 2000 and listed on the SGX in 2003. The group has rapidly expanded to become a distinctive household brand owner that has established its mark on the world stage with its bakery, restaurant and food atrium footprints. Its brand portfolio comprises BreadTalk®, Toast Box, Food Republic, Din Tai Fung, The Icing Room, RamenPlay and Carl’s Jr China. 

The DIY concept is created with you in mind. At The Icing Room, we make it simple for you. We provide you with a cream cake, all you need to do is go wild and decorate your very own cake on the spot. No need to buy ingredients, no need to get your hands dirty with baking and no need to wash up!

To make this DIY experience even more delightful, we offer a wide range of coloured piping bags, toppings and decorative themed icings.

DIY a cake for that special someone, and add your touch of love and well wishes. DIY was never this easy, because at The Icing Room, art is indeed a piece of cake! Bring your inner Bob-the-Builder or Michelangelo to The Icing Room and surprise yourself with your very own special cake creation.

Bring home a rememorable Yule Cake this Christmas!!!
 
Visit the website for more info:


Comments

  1. Hello, I check your blogs regularly. Your story-telling style is awesome, keep it up!
    My homepage - Neta.Com.Br

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very artisitic work has been done on this blog. Nice packages. love to visit it agaian and again Yacht Charter Dubai

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts