My Grandmother 90th Birthday with How's Catering

Happy 90th Birthday to Ah Ma!
"Ah Ma" is what I call my maternal grandmother since I was young.

My grandmother is undoubtedly a kind hearted woman, she always make sure we are well-fed whenever we visit her. Not to mention, she is really good at cooking and I'm glad my mum imparted these culinary skill from her.  My grandmother's Bak Chang aka Rice Dumpling is one of our favorite and every year me and my other relatives will gathered at her place and enjoy the Bak Chang she made and even tapao (Pack) back home to eat.

 Her 90th birthday came and me and my relative decided to throw her a party at her house to show our most sincere gratitude and respect to her. 


We had about 40 pax and we decided buffet catering will be the best for us as it is hassle-free and convenient! So we went with How's Catering (formerly known as Ye Liang How).

How's Catering is a one-stop halal certified buffet catering provider in Singapore. From thematic weddings and baby full month celebrations to corporate seminars and networking dinners, How’s Catering can tailor its menus to suit the most discerning taste and event needs.


The set up was done by 2 of their staffs and it was prompt and professionally done.


As I told them it was my grandmother  birthday, they did  this thoughtful set up for us. My grandmother even pointed out to us that she used to own some of these deco items that were displayed. We had fun listening to her sharing too.

Tingkat - This is a tiered chinese lunchbox that was commonly used in the olden day to pack several food items including soups. Each container can have 3 to 4 stackable trays which can be stacked on top of one another. Each tray can be used as a serving bowl when it is time to eat. This is so cool right!

Motar and Pestle- This traditional granite pestle and mortar set can turn your herbs & spices into powder in no time, while still preserving the natural flavor. People nowaday use eletric grinder instead, but I was told that this is totally different because electric is "chopping" while the mortar and pestle is "crushing". When you crush the spices, the finer subtle flavors are extracted finely. This is what you miss when using the electric one.

So which buffet catering menu did we went for?

We chose the INTERNATIONAL BUFFET MENU B from their How's Catering website. 
$13.00 Per Pax | Minimum 35 Pax | ($13.91 inclusive of 7% GST)
Click here to find out more


 - POTATO SALAD W SPRING ONIONS & PEPPER
This spring onion potato salad has lots of wonderful flavours all perfectly blended with the Mayo.


- (Top Left) HOME MADE CHICKEN NGOH HIONG
- (Bottom Left) BRAISED LONG CABBAGE WITH CARROT & SNOW PEA


- (LEFT) PRAWN FRITTER WITH WASABI DIP 
- (RIGHT) THAI STYLE FRIED TOFU
The prawn fitter were one of my favorite.
The Thai Style Fried Tofu may look spicy but they are alright for kids too.


- SIN CHOW BEE HOON
Well balanced in flavour , moist


- CANTONESE STEAMED FISH WITH GARLIC, GINGER AND SCALLION
The steamed fish are fresh, tender with no fishy taste and the portion is really generous too.


- HOME TOWN CURRY CHICKEN
The curry chicken goes really well with the Bee Hoon.


- LONGEVITY BUN(COMPLIMENTARY 50 PCS)
Yes they even have longevity peach buns 寿桃/莲蓉包 and they were soft and yummy! 
If you do not know how the name of the bun came about, it was named after the Peaches of Immortality from Chinese legends, which bestows a long life to those that consume the mystical fruit.


- ASSORTED FRENCH PASTRIES
Perfect for a sweet ending to your meal.


- CHILLED GRASS JELLY W SLICE LEMON & ALOE VERA BITS
It is very refreshing and generous portion of the grass jelly and aloe vera bits.


I'm really glad I have chosen How's Catering for my Grandmother's 90th birthday celebration!
My family and relatives all enjoyed the buffet catering and we will definitely order again from How's Catering for our other events.


My grandma is the one in pink.


Not forgetting to take a photo with her.



With the cousins.



And the little nephews and nieces.



Here is a video which I did for my grandmother's birthday and shared on my Instagram:






A post shared by William Tan 陈家辉 (SG) (@william82sg) on



If you like to find out more about How's Catering and their menus, do check out their website https://howscatering.com.sg/

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts