INTERVIEW WITH MR WORLD SINGAPORE 2022: JOSHUA HEE (NO.3)


1) During your entire time of Mr World Singapore 2022 from the time you auditioned till you won the title, tell us - what was the most overwhelming moment for you? 

Apart from the fact that we had to present ourselves at our most vulnerable state, swimwear, I felt that I was most overwhelmed when I put forth the decision to sing for the finals. I've only ever sung in the shower and never to anyone else, let alone a ballroom full of people. Standing upon that final stage, and singing that meaningful, "love can heal" song really hit the spot for me

2) What was the prep process like?

I'm currently still able to abuse my relatively high metabolism rates thankfully. But, I do try to consume cleaner foods by removing sauces at the very least. I also had to be much more consistent with my training if I wanted visible results quick. This resulted in mostly 8am gym sessions to fit my school's schedule.


3) Are there any nervous moments and stress factors during the competition and how did you deal with it?

Plenty. I'm not one to steal the limelight and definitely not a performer. Hence, everything on stage, infront of a crowd, were nervous moments for me. I think the best way to deal with such nerves is to not deal with it. To really get lost in the fun and excitement of the moment itself that hopefully, it translates onto the stage. A typical solution would be to practice. Practice speaking infront of your family, friends, classmates, volunteer to lead group discussions etc.


4) What's the one thing you wish someone had prepared you for before you won the title?

Maybe how to pose while cradling that many prizes 😅 Also, how to handle the post phototaking session as per most pagent events, a ton of photos will be needed for press and such. I was not collected enough and missed out on some photo opportunities with some of the contestants as well  as guests.


5) When you look back, is there something you wish you did differently?

I would have focused more on what I could bring from my past experience of being a timid & insecure kid to a relatively more confident me. And sharing this as part of my story.


6) For the guys who want join Mr World Singapore in the future, what are some tips you can suggest?

Prepare your inspirational stories. Anything that you find that changed you to be ultimately better than you once were. Everyone has one, no matter how insignificant you think it is.


07) What has been the best piece of advice given to you so far and by whom?

"Don't ask for permission, ask for forgiveness" - grace hopper. You don't have to always have to ask for permission to do something, just do it! Just do things sensibly. 


8) Any words you like to say to your supporter?

Could have never accomplish anything like this without you all. "No one can whistle a symphony, it takes a whole orchestra to play it." Eternally grateful to my partner as well for sticking through the thick and thin of my mood swings when rehersals end late and for always backing me up when I needed a boost.


9) Tell us a little bit about your upcoming plans?

Hopefully graduate from ntu in 2023. Doing product shoots and commercial/acting/physique shoots on the side. Enter the field of web3 in investments or business development for my full time job. Potentially rekindle a startup idea that my partner and I worked on previously. And also, rent a place post graduation. And foster a dog!


Follow Joshua Hee's instagram today.

To find out more about Mr World Singapore’s official:

Facebook Page  and Instagram account.


Comments

  1. What an interesting interview/post. My most overwhelming moment is when I start my business as asus service center. Luckily everything works out fine and the business is getting better. Great sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "filmymeet, you've mastered the art of keeping me glued to the screen. The variety is unmatched, and the quality is top-notch."

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts