Fun in Bangkok (12th-15th April 2008)



Hi everyone,

I just came back from Bangkok. I went there for 4 days 3 nights from April 12-15. It was my 1st time being there and I got to experience for myself how the Thai people went literally insane (as what my friend, Moon said) and over the top in the celebration of the Songkran festival ( 潑水節). I shall tell you more slowly in this post k. Professional photographer, William san desu (That was Ah moon wrote in his blog) will share his photo with you too!

-1st day -



Fly from Singapore Airport to Bangkok to meet up with the rest (Colin, Dennis, Fabian)
It was a very early morning flight. I was late. Poor Ah Moon was at the Singapore Airport waiting for me. (Paisei, Moon =p)

My parent sent me to airport that morning. I know in their eyes I'm forever a small kid to them. Really don't know how to describe their love and care for me. (Thanks dad and mum again although I hardly said such word in front of them)



Nothing can describe how happy and exicited we are
when we reach Suvarnabhumi International Airport

There was something funny when we arrived at the Suvarnbhumi Int airport, we saw people holding white boards with name.

Then I was jokingly telling Ah Moon that our names could be on one of their board. Ah Moon laughed away and replied, "Haha! Nobody will look for us one lah. You think we are celebrities? See whether can take a cab from here or not."

So we actually missed our complimentary airport transfer which was included in our hotel package in fact. We didn't know that our package included such service until we reached hotel and informed by Dennis.

Thinking that we are not any superstar, we walked our way to the taxi stand. Along the way, there was a man in orange flowery shirt approached us and ask if we want to take his taxi for $600 baht.

We said no and it's too expensive. At least we are smart this time and avoided our 1st "Toking" encouter. Cause we are warned before hand of the people here "Toking" tourist's money.

Thought that we are quite smart this time. Scurry when we boarded the taxi, we reconfirm with him again.

I asked the taxi uncle, "Excuse me, First Hotel by meter ok?"
He said, "$400 baht, no by meter."
Me and Ah Moon was like huh....
Kena "Tok" already lor...
So that was the 1st time getting "Tok" in Bangkok.
Then he was telling me about David Gan's spirit.
He said we must have the David Gan's spirit, people tok us is because we are "tokable", we have the $$ for them to tok! Haha!
That's was a positive thinking! At least I don't feel so sad after that..
haha...
Finally we reached First Hotel and met up with Dennis, Fabian and Colin who reached there 1 day before us and helped us to check in into our hotel room (609).
After putting down our luggage, we went to Fabian's room to meet up with the rest and discuss where to go for our 1st designation.

We decided to head Chutuchuk (Weekend Market) which opened on weekend only. So for those who is planning to go there next time, must plan to go on weekend.
Over there is something like Singapore Bugis Street where you see lot of small stalls selling clothes, accessories and display item. Ya you can also get their elephant souvenir there too.

Everyone get ready for our 1st group photo

Chatuchak Weekend Market (Must go)



Shopping inside the market... Not sheltered... Really hot sia...

We are melting...
Advice: Bring a cap for those who is going k



Ah Moon got good intro? $59 baht (Around S$2) for a pair of Slipper anyone?
This place was really big, can walk there for few hours not finish....

Time to have our Thai food makan, Fried Kway Tiao





Pig's leg with rice
That was our chef



They have free ride inside Chatuchak market! Cool right!



Just curious how they remember each wire?




A small boy shooting at us







After shopping we took a cab back to hotel, thanks to Fabian to helped us in taking the cab


Advice: Alway ask the driver to go by meter if not take other taxi

Pratunam City Complex



Trying some street BBQ foodstick (Squid, Pork & Chicken)




Cheap jean, too bad none of which catch my attention


Their wiring is alway so messy.. haha...

















That is the Tuk Tuk vehicle. I tired once with Dennis and Ah moon



Water guns for sale along the street



Ah Moon playing with Dennis... Dennis is that some kind of dance?





We are all ready for war? Yeah!!!





That was how crazy the people there played water




Fried Quail bird Eggs have you seen or try before in Singapore?


I never try too bad...




-2nd day-



Early in the morning, people playing drum and splashing water...





Looking out from my hotel room...




People playing with water on the road like no one business...





Some Ah Mo fellows dun scare of water...


Got on to a lorry to transport them through the crowd!



This is what you will end up with after the war... haha...





pThis was the water powder that caused our face to be white

Haha...Poor Ah Moon couldn't avoid the destiny of being a "Xiao Bai Lian"

This is what you get if you laughed at other ppl...




Me and Ah Moon with our "Da Hua Lian" before showering off...





pThat was sure a crazy night....




3 guys enjoying some Shao Ye's life as the night is still young over at Bangkok



even though is ard 2am.


-$200 baht for a 1 hour foot massage-




The night before Dennis leaving us back to SG...




-3rd day-



pWatch out for people on Tuk Tuk too!!! (Fun)



pThe road near to MBK shopping centre







pTheir Train Station










pBoarding the train




pCam whore again inside the train





MBK- Mah Boon Krong Centre






p



From left: Ah Moon, myself and Fabian






Ah Moon and William at their Pizza Restuarant




The last night at Bangkok, we decided to try out their Pizza Restuarant just below our hotel.


Ah Moon ordered Spagetti and I ordered a Lagsana. We also ordered a plate of 6 chicken wings to share.


I was quite unhappy about their service.


1st was they missed out my order.


2nd is when my food came, it was hot outside but cold inside.


I called the waitress to my table and said" Excuse me, please take this away and cancel it from my order. I don't want already! The food is cold inside"


The waitress replied" Take away?"


I said" No, take it out from my order and I don't want anymore! It's cold inside."


I was not that angry at thatmoment, maybe because I already expected their service was like that already... So after Moon ate the spagetti and we finished the chicken wings, we left the shop and tell ourselves that we will not come back here ever again. Poor service and lousy food quality!


Ah Moon also commented that their spagetti was lousy although it was cheap overall.


pThe last night at Bangkok, I realised that i was biten by bed bug!




-4th day-







Our last group photo at Suvarnabhumi International Airport before going back to SG











Ah Beng and Mr Nice Guy






pThis was what I bought over there, not much right!!!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts