Have you plan anything on this special day yet?
Because I have got this very interesting and fun party for you to attend with your friends!!!
Best of all it is FREE ADMISSION + 1,500 GOODIES BAGS UP FOR GRABS!!!
The event is called GOOD NATION: THE FIRST EVER RED DOT PARTY @ *SCAPE!!!
So come on join in the celebration of National Day as *SCAPE combines forces with the lovely ladies of Love Bonito, performances by local acts Natalie Hiong, Fad Faction, Tzire, Lion City Lockers, Trip and DJ SOF and lastly a good food carnival to end off the day!
Date: 9th August 2012 (Mark this date on your calendar!!!!)
Time: 5pm – 10pm
Venue: *SCAPE Playspace
GOOD FEST (Starts at 5pm)
Beside the Live screening of National Day Parade, you get to enjoy music and dance numbers across genres from acoustic to hip hop.
• Natalie Hiong : Banker-turned-singer-songwriter who writes music of poignant beauty. Her songs showcase her soothing vocals, virtuosity and profound musicality while her heartfelt lyrics bring you on a journey from the heights of being in love to the depths of heartbreak.
Coming from a family of musicians, Natalie started learning the piano when she was 3. She wrote her first song at 12 and won a national songwriting competition at 15.
• DJ S.O.F : Though only in the music scene for 2 and a half years, DJ S.O.F has shared the stage with international acts such as Kill The Noize (USA, New York), Housemiester (Berlin, Germany), We Are Mutants (Malaysia, KL), Mykal (Taipei). Pumping up the crowd with Electro/ Progressive tunes, S.O.F has combed most of the big clubs here like Zirca, Zouk, Powerhouse, Azzura, Wavehouse Sentosa, Butter Factory to even Milk Club and Bedroom in KL and Supper Club in Bangkok.
• TRIP : TRIP is a 5-piece band hailing from Sunny Singapore. Their main goal is to share their love for music and express it through different genres. They were originally a 4-piece band but decided to put the project on hold for a period of time. In 2012, they decided to reform with a new vocalist.
They are currently in the process of creating new material for their upcoming studio album. The album has taken influence from bands such as Mayday Parade, Go Radio, Sparks The Rescue and Paramore.
GOOD FOOD (Begins at 7pm)
• There will be hotdogs, candy floss, yoghurt, etc. Nothing beats good food with great company right? So come on down with your friends to enjoy this!!!
GOOD MARKET (Opens from 6pm)
All girls are going to love this one. J
• Love Bonito : Started by 3 young and very beautiful ladies in 2008, Love Bonito (previously known as Bonito Chico) is one of the top most popular fashion online stores in Singapore at the moment. They manufacture and design their own apparel and accessories with a wide range from working outfits to dresses to even bikinis!
What’s not to love with their hourly deals and pre-loved items from these lovely ladies, come on down!
• Flea market happening at *SCAPE playspace
• Heritage On Wheels : Interested in learning Singapore’s heritage through a fun and exciting manner? Join us for a heritage trail on kick scooter or foot, where each checkpoint brings to life a piece of Singapore’s heritage, bringing a sense of wholesomeness among Singaporeans and cultivate a sense of belonging and rootedness to Singapore. Great prizes to be won!
Register to participate and stand to win great prizes! www.facebook.com/scapesg
• Singapore Amazed with Street Art : History meets graffiti this August at *SCAPE. 26 art installations depicting milestones of Singapore's progress over the past 47 years will be placed throughout *SCAPE from 9 till 31 August. Join us on 9 August for a special challenge! Form teams of 3 to search for these masterpieces around *SCAPE, answer questions and get to win attractive prizes!
• Mosaic Challenge : As a creative manifestation of the nation’s birthday celebration, well-wishes for the nation will be collected on sticky note pads to form a 5.7 metre by 2.4 metre mosaic visual. Come witness the unveiling of this massive mosaic on 9 August 2012.
• Uniformed Groups Fancy Drill Showcase : The inaugural *SCAPE Uniformed Group (UG) Fancy Drill Showcase is a youth-initiative and is part of a series of National Day celebrations at *SCAPE to commemorate Singapore’s 47th year of independence. The showcase, organised by *SCAPE youth volunteers will see cadets from various UGs representing their Schools as they show their talents in drills.
• PLEDGE TAKING MOMENT : Happening at 8.03pm. So see you there and we could take the pledge together!!! Do remember to come dressed in whatever best express yourself…so even if you’re into cosplays and costumes, you can!
So see you there!!!
Stay tuned for more updates of the event as I will be sharing it on: