Hey guys, do you all know that the highly anticipated LG Optimus G smartphone was launched in Singapore yesterday (1 Feb 2013) at Jubilee Hall, Gardens by the Bay. Touted as one of its most feature-rich smartphone, the LG Optimus G has been making waves in Korea, Japan, United States and Canada.
In conjunction with the launch of Optimus G, LG Electronics Singapore is embarking on a campaign, ‘Change for Good’, to encourage and empower Singaporeans to make positive changes in their lives. A microsite, www.changeforgood.sg, is available for Singaporeans to make their pledges and connect with one another through the various social media platforms such as Twitter Instagram and Google+.A common hashtag (#ChangeGorGood) allows users to view and add to the campaign’s movement, making it a socially immersive campaign.
The pretty bloggers- Angie, Maybeline & Sheena
Mr Scott Jung , Managing Director, LG Electronics Singapore and Mr Kevin Shin, LG Mobile Communications Vice President of Marketing for Asia, the Middle East and CIS countries launching the LG Optimus G.
Launch attendees of LG Optimus G touring the various experience zones that detailed the Performance, Design, User Experience of the flagship smartphone.
Change for the GOOD is here!!!
The LG Optimus G was recently lauded with a Korea Electronic Show (KES) Innovation Award for its Zerogap Touch Technology. This improves the durability and clarity of the display by eliminating air gaps found in other touchscreens. In design, the Optimus G is awarded the iF Product Design Award 2013.
Some of the UX features that will be included into the Optimus G to showcase its multi-tasking capabilities and performance are:
- QSlide Function that can overlay two different screens simultaneously on one display, allowing users to do two things at once, such as send a text message or search the web while also watching a video;
- Live Zooming enhances the video-watching experience as users can zoom in up to five times while the video is being played so you’ll never miss another detail;
- Dual Screen Dual Play enables mirroring of displays between the smartphone and a TV, and also has the ability to display different content on each screen wirelessly. For example, a slide presentation can be displayed on the TV while the Optimus G shows the accompanying speaking notes;
- QuickMemo allows users to write, draw, or jot a memo with their finger directly on the captured screen for sharing instantly with others as an attachment or a URL. The QuickMemo can also be used as an overlay feature - like jotting down a number using the QuickMemo and directly dialling the number while the number is on the top layer;
In addition, smart and fun camera features in Optimus G will allow for capturing and seizing those special moments in our lives. Utilising a camera resolution of 13MP, users will have the opportunity to capture their favourite scenes with:
- Smart Shutter senses camera vibration or the movement of the subject and automatically adjust the shutter speed for the best shot;
= Time Catch Shot enables the user to choose the best among various shots taken before the shutter button is pressed;
- Cheese Shutter takes photos easily with voice activation command just by saying cheese, kimchi, smile or even LG;
- Low Light Shot Noise Reduction employs a light monitoring system and activates when the camera is used in a low-light situation for the least amount of noise.
Watch this product video:
Photo with some of the popular bloggers who were there too!
Sheena is a blogger and is ALSO A MODEL!!!
So I took this chance and ask her to pose some photo with the phone for me.
LG Optimus G will be available in Singapore from 2nd February 2013 at Starhub, M1 and Singtel stores. Pre-order is also available via Starhub and M1.
For more information about LG Optimus G, please visit www.lg.com.sg
For more information about LG’s “Change for Good” campaign, please visit www.changeforgood.sg
Tags: LG Optimus G LG Optimus G launch LG Optimus G price LG Optimus G singapore LG Optimus G video selling price technology