My quick guide to Chinese New Year!

Happy Chinese New Year to everyone!!!
Are you ready to usher in the Year of the Goat? Here is a quick guide for you!!!

1) Go see a fortune teller
Consult a fortune teller to learn what the year of the goat has in store.

2) Spring Cleaning
This is something very common for all Chinese families. Getting organized and doing a thorough spring cleaning are required to be complete by Chinese New Year. Throw away the broken funiture and unwanted stuffs. Families also start to hang ChunLian  (paper couplets) around the home's doorway to usher in good luck.

3) Go Shopping
Before Chinese New Year arrives, the following items must be bought: food for the Chinese New Year celebrations, new clothes to usher in the New Year, gifts and Ang Bao (red envelopes) to distribute to family and friends.

4) Get a Hair Cut
Lastly a hair cut before Chinese New Year's is a must as Chinese believed that cutting anything during CNY is considered bad luck. And here I have my hair cut done at my usual Black Hair Salon!

Promotion for my readers:
Visit Black Hair Salon and quote "William Tan" and enjoy a 10% off! (Advise to give them a call for appointment booking as they are always packed everyday)

Black Hair SalonThe Bencoolen, 
180 Bencoolen Street, #01-28,
Singapore 189646 (Opp OG)
+65 62423945
+65 68359976

Closed from 18 Feb -23 Feb 2015. 
Opening on 22 Feb 2015.

So I did my haircut about 1 week in advance to Chinese New Year!!!


This is my before haircut look!!! =p


CNY decoration in the hair salon done by one of their staff!


And TADA!!!!
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

My complete CNY look is ready!!!


All thanks to Black Hair Salon and I am ready for my CNY!!!


Went with my friend Leong and Oscar who also had their CNY haircut there!!!


With Oscar!


Thanks Black Hair Salon for giving us this new look!
We are  so READY FOR CNY!!!


Happy Chinese New Year to everyone!!!

Comments

  1. Thanks for writing such a good article, I stumbled onto your blog and read a few post. I like your style of writing...
    Buy Facebook Likes

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts