First time making Shadow Box Scrapbook for my mum!


Few weeks ago, I got invited to a lovely session to learn Scrapbooking at Tanjong Pagar Community Centre to make a Shadow Box Scrapbook for my mum as a belated mother's day gift!

 

What is Scrapbooking?


Scrapbooking is a method for preserving personal and family history in the form of a scrapbook. Typical memorabilia include photographs, printed media, and artwork. Scrapbook albums are often decorated and frequently contain extensive journaling. Scrapbooking is a hobby commonly practiced in many parts of world.


The scrapbooking course at Tanjong Pagar is one of the many courses available under The People’s Association Senior Academy. You will be taught by celebrity trainers and passionate PA Trainers, our seniors can acquire essential skills and fulfil their aspirations for lifelong learning. Say ‘Yes!’ to make new friends and pursue a healthy and enriched lifestyle!



Some guys may think this is not a thing that guys will like do right?
But I have female friends who like guys making such kind of sweet stuffs.


There are so many cute and lovely things to add into my shadow scrapbook!



Like to have some animals to make it more lively?


How about add some seashells if you have some nice photo of you at a nice beach?


This are so pretty too right?


So that my empty shadow box!!!

'
Each of the participants are given a empty Wooden box and were told beforehand to bring some photo and memorabilia that they want to make their Shadow Box Scrapbook!

Together with me was Vivian- http://xchubbykitty.blogspot.sg/




The teacher taught us to use floral printed paper to decorate our box.

Okies I am done with pasting the floral paper.




Now I use this kind of doubleside tape to paste my photo to the box.
This will instant create a more 3D popup look to my photo!



And TADAAAAA............


My belated Mother's Day gift to my mother!!!
Mum, I love you and hope you like this DIY Shadow Box Scapbook I made!!!




We often put our personal passion and aspiration aside, thinking that we can go back to revisit them when we have more free time on hand or after retirement.

PA Supports Passion and Aspirations
To support this postponed pursue of passion , The People's Association (PS) initiated the 'Senior Academy' with its key mission to encourage more seniors, 50 years old and above, to pursue lifelong learning aspirations and lead an active lifestyle by providing and  affordable senior-friendly programme!

And participants will also be given a cert after the courses.

Where are these programmes held?
Central Singapore: Tanjong Pagar & Teck Ghee
North East: Tampinese West & Aljunied
South East: MacPherson & Bedok
North West: Nee Soon South & Fuchun
South West: Gek Poh Ville & Clemnti


Thanks to our trainer, Ms Loh Kit Mui,  from Nanyang Academy Of Fine Arts for teaching us how to make this meaningful gift for our mums!

To check out what are the courses available:

Join the PA Senior Academy Facebook group at

Comments



  1. I am a private loan lender which have all take to be a genuine lender i give out the best loan to my client at a very convenient rate.The interest rate of this loan is 3%.i give out loan to public and private individuals.the maximum amount i give out in this loan is $1,000,000.00 USD why the minimum amount i give out is 5000.for more information contact us Email osmanloanserves@gmail.com

    Your Full Details:
    Full Name :………
    Country :………….
    state:………….
    Sex :………….
    Address............
    Tel :………….
    Occupation :……..
    Amount Required :…………
    Purpose of the Loan :……..
    Loan Duration :…………
    Phone Number :………
    Contact Email osmanloanserves@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts