Do you know the stretch between Scotts Road and Bideford Road were closed to vehicular traffic last Saturday (4 July 2015) from 6 pm - 11pm for Pedestrian Night on Orchard Road.
So what is Pedestrian Night on Orchard Road?
This pilot initiative aims to inject street vibrancy into the precinct by creating a community space with accessible lifestyle experiences for all to enjoy.
The road was closed, allowing visitors to experience an array of bustling activities across the entire space on the iconic shopping boulevard.
The pilot Pedestrian Night has been successful in garnering public interest and enhancing Orchard Road’s street vibrancy and will be extended from July - December 2015. For the extension, the buzz will extend beyond the street and visitors can look forward to different themes, in-mall activities, special promotions and contests. Visitors can also participate in our monthly photo contests on Instagram/Facebook and stand a chance to win attractive prizes!
This initiative is organised by Orchard Road Business Association (ORBA) and supported by Singapore Tourism Board (STB).
Highlights for that evening (4 July 2015)
Extended shopping hours
- Both Tangs and Orchard Central will be extending their shopping hours to 11pm on 4 July in view of Pedestrian Night
Along the closed stretch
- Release of the debut EP Album by Flame of the Forest
- Singing buskers, balloon sculpturing and wire name twisting craft along the stretch
- The A-list Shopping Party @ TANGS - Join the A-Listers for a night of shopping and exciting activities! Visit their pop-up barber, get your shoes shined or your sneakers personalised by SBTG, plus enjoy great deals on made-to-measure shirts from Van Laack and more. Visit http://bit.ly/TANGS-AListParty for more details. Get 20% off participating brands at TANGS.
- HAG Photo Booth: Take a picture at the booth and stand a chance to win one of the three
HAG Capisco Puls chairs worth $1299 each.
o 10% off all items during their Pedestrian Night GSS Flash Sale @Takashimaya B1
- Only on 4 July, receive a $10 Metro Gift Voucher when you spend a minimum of $100 nett in a single receipt at Metro Paragon from 6pm to 930pm. Shoppers can also enjoy savings of up to 50% at the Shoes & Bags Fair at Metro Paragon.
- Wing Tai stores (selected brands and locations) will be offering an extra 15% discount on the final bill on 4 July (entire day). This applies to their brands along Orchard Road: ION Orchard, Knightsbridge, Ngee Ann City, orchardgateway, Paragon, Plaza Singapura and Wisma Atria. It is also the start of their end of season sale. (more information can be found: https://wingtairetail.com.sg/)
|Visitors took the opportunity to take photo under the ERP gantry along Orchard Road|
|Pinkish sky that evening.|
|Me and Shaun having our relaxing walk down Orchard Road|
|Visitors took this rate opportunity to take photo with Tangs Plaza building.|
|The only chance you can sit under ERP gantry to chill and relax...|
|You can distress yourself by kicking some balls.|
|Pretend you won the champion!|
|Enjoy live music performance.|
|Public joined the queue to take photo with HAG's exquisite chairs hopping to win one of them!|
|This could be your only chance you do crazy thing like siting in the middle of the road (Orchard Road).|
Click in to see a snippet video of what happened that night!!!